See how I create a defined, voluminous, beautiful bantu knot-out on my baby sister’s type 3B hair. If you have type 3 hair, you know figuring out the right process and products for this style can be somewhat of a challenge (it surely was for me the first few times I tried it, lol).
The beauty of this style is that it works on all hair types, whether you are natural, relaxed or transitioning, this is a style you can make your own. I hope this tutorial helps you get great results!
I began this style with a blow-out.
Products and Tools:
- Agadir Daily Moisturizing Shampoo
- Agadir Daily Moisturizing Conditioner
- Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Mousse
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect 7
- Agadir Oil Spray Treatment
- Agadir Hair Treatment Oil
- ORS Smooth-N-Hold Pudding
- Ion Anti-Frizz Ionic Hair Dryer
- Conair Pro-Style Bonnet Dryer
- Paddle Brush
- Brush Strokes Soft Boar Bristle Brush
- Detangling/Shower comb
- Rattail Comb
- Bob pins
See a full review of the Agadir Argan Oil products used in this tutorial.
Total prep time for shampooing, deep conditioning, blow-out and bantu knot installation was about two and a half hours. Knots were set overnight, then separated and fluffed into style the next day (20 minutes).
Keep and Care:
To preserve this style, you can pineapple your hair or re-knot the sections.