See how to use heat protectants to safely prepare your hair for blow-out or straightening and prevent heat damage or breakage during heat styling.
Products and Tools:
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner
- Wide Tooth Shower Comb (Use any detangling comb of your choice.)
- ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
- Dr. Miracle’s Curl Friendly Blow Out Foam
- Crème of Nature Argan Oil Perfect 7
- Chi Deep Brilliance Reflect
- Ion Anti-Frizz Ionic Hair Dryer
- Large Paddle Brush (This is not the exact brush I’m using, but any paddle brush of your choice will do.)
It take me about three hours to complete this process because of the air-drying. If I sit under a hooded dryer, I can reduce the time by an hour. This will all vary based on how fast your hair dries.
Keep and Care:
From here, I will either do a protective style (bun or up-do), or maybe use my curling wand for voluminous curls. At night, I sleep in a silk/satin scarf, bonnet or combination of the two.