The pineapple method is common among curly girls. This is an excellent way to preserve popular styles such as the wash-n-go, bantu knots, twist-outs and braid-outs. It’s a simple method that can be used by curly girls of varying lengths and textures!
1. Starting with your hair down…this is my wash-n-go.
2. Use a fabric wrapped ponytail holder, a newer one that hasn’t been stretched from wearing.
3. Gather all of your hair to the crown of your head.
4. Pull the hair through the ponytail holder one time and position the hair to the very top of your head.
6. Position the hair forward and to the very top to ensure your hair is away from the sides and back of the head.
The bottom row shows different angles.
That’s it! A simple way to preserve your hair overnight and get more wear out of your styles.