It’s summer time, and we all know what that means! We want to spend more time outdoors and less time on our hair. So, I am going to show you a quick wash-n-go process, for all textures, with under $20 in products!
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner are formulated to moisturize, improve scalp health, strengthen and protect strands all for just $2.99 each! This duo has lots of plant extracts and essential oils like lemongrass, orange, rosemary, willow bark and chamomile, that improve elasticity, soften, protect and repair hair. Both can be found at Trader Joe’s stores.
- Lottabody Love Me 5-n-1 Miracle Styling Crème acts as a leave-in to help condition and protect the hair with coconut, argan, macadamia and shea oils, along with citric acid and silk amino acids for super smooth results. This spray is incredibly lightweight and is great for all textures and styles.
- Lottabody Shape Me Custard Gelèe is a great blend of custard, moisturizer and gel, but it’s super lightweight and provides excellent hold. It is infused with coconut and shea oils for moisture and Panthenol for softness and shine. This formula is great for coils and kinks that need moisture and hold for definition and frizz control.
- Lottabody Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk defines curls and tames frizz with avocado, olive, macadamia, coconut and shea oils, along with sunflower oil for protection. This creamy, lightweight formula is great for waves, curls and coils to define and tame frizz.
Lottabody styling products range from $4 to $5 depending on where they are purchased. You can find these at your local beauty supply stores or use their “Where to Buy” feature online to see where these products are available in your area!
- Mo’s Pink Comb (I purchased this many moons ago and have never seen it anywhere since. You can find similar detangling/shower combs at your local beauty supply!)
- Denman Medium 7-Row Styling Brush
- Thermal Hair Care Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap
- Ion Ceramic Blow Dryer
Total style time for both ladies was approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
Keep and care:
Angela will cover with a satin bonnet and fluff her hair in the morning. She can mist her hair with an oil-water mix and diffuse to refresh sections where needed. Yancey will pineapple her hair with a satin scrunchi and tie a scarf around it and sleep on a satin pillow case to maintain her wash-n-go. Like Angela, she can mist her hair with an oil-water mix to refresh sections if she likes, or, both of them could just opt for different styles once the frizz comes in. They can pin sections back, make a bun, twist the front half and fluff the back, whatever works!