In this tutorial I show you how I achieve soft, springy spirals using flexi-rods and review the entire TGIN collection!
Thank God It’s Natural, or TGIN, is a collection of products specifically formulated for curly girls. The blends of botanical extracts, essential oils and a host of other nourishing ingredients result in hydrated, soft, shiny hair that is stronger with improved manageability. All TGIN products are paraben, sulfate, and petrolatum free, and made without artificial colors and no animal testing.
- Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo is infused with aloe vera for gentle cleansing and moisture, Panthenol, or vitamin B5, to improve elasticity and scalp health, and several natural extracts and oils that work to reduce breakage and smooth the cuticle.
- Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner is great for detangling prior to deep conditioning or mid-week washing when you need to quickly reset your hair and may not have time for a deep treatment. It’s formulated with green tea, which is packed with anti-oxidants that stimulate the follicles, coconut oil for penetrating moisture, shea butter and sweet almond oil to maintain hydration in the days after styling, and argan oil for shine and frizz control.
- Honey Miracle Hair Mask contains raw honey, which is a humectant that draws moisture into the hair and makes it shinier and softer. There’s also aloe leaf juice, which is high in calcium, iron, zinc, folic acid, Vitamins A, C and E and amino acids, all of which are essential to restoring pH and proper moisture balance in your scalp and hair. There is also olive oil for penetrating moisture and jojoba for improved elasticity.
- Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner is a lightweight, creamy formula with green tea, aloe juice, argan oil, honey, sweet almond and sunflower oils, and vitamins E and B5 to ensure hair is hydrated, frizz-free and protected during and in the days after styling. The texture of this leave in, though creamy, is very smooth and has nice slip to help with detangling.
- Twist & Define Cream is packed with coconut oil and vitamin E for penetrating, lasting hydration, soybean oil, which is a carrier oil, meaning it helps the other oils in the formula better absorb and Panthenol, which in a styling product smoothes the cuticle and enhances shine.
- Argan Replenishing Hair and Body Serum is a blend of coconut, olive, argan, peach kernel (which is loaded vitamins A for scalp health), jojoba, vitamin and hibiscus flowers, which help increase circulation and slow hair loss. You can use this oil for pre-poo treatments, as a conditioner enhancement, or on your skin as a moisturizer. The formula is lightweight and has an amazing, fresh, floral scent.
- Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer can be used to smooth frizz and refresh in the days after styling. It has hydrogenated castor oil, aloe leaf juice, olive oil, shea butter and a host of other essential oils and extracts that improve manageability while adding moisture.
- Natural Soap with Shea Butter and Olive Oil is loaded with olive and coconut oils, soybean oil, and shea butter to give skin a soft, hydrated, feel. This over-sized bar of soap is great for sensitive skin, it lathers easily, smells amazing and is free of harsh sulfates.
- Organic African Shea Butter, which is great for moisturizing the skin, especially your nail cuticles and feet, and it is known to reduce the appearance of dark spots, scars and blemishes. The texture of this butter is smooth and easy to spread and is made with just natural, organic shea butter.
- Shea Butter Peppermint Lip Balm is perfect for keeping your lips hydrated. It’s a lightweight balm that glides on easily and stays put without any greasy buildup.
Where to buy:
TGIN hair care products are available online at Sally Beauty!
Total style time was about three hours, with one hour and twenty minutes of drying time.
Keep and care:
To maintain this style, I will pineapple and sleep on a satin pillowcase. In the days after, I can add more of the TGIN Argan Replenishing Serum or use the TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer. You can also try pin-curling sections or covering with a satin bonnet.