Summer is the perfect time to add some protective variety to your personal style while giving your hair a break from the elements. In this tutorial, I show you an easy prep and protective style process using some old favorites and new finds!
- Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Masque has castor, olive and buriti oils, along with pomegranate sterols for enhanced shine and lipid barrier repair and citric acid, acting as an antioxidant to fight free radicals in the air. This treatment can be used on all hair types, including color-treated hair, to soften and seal in moisture. You can find this treatment at Aveda salons!
- Mizani 25 Miracle Milk is a super lightweight leave-in that helps protect hair, while providing a smooth, shiny, soft canvas for styling. It has coconut and olive oils for penetrating moisture, sunflower seed oil for UV ray protection, and hydrolyzed vegetable protein for quick, easy absorption to make hair stronger and shore up breakage. Use Mizani’s “find a store” feature to locate this in your area!
- TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer has aloe juice, panthenol and vitamin E for softening moisture, hydrolyzed soy protein and wheat germ oil for added strength and definition, shea butter to seal and protect, and a host of penetrating oils like coconut, olive and sweet almond oil that will keep the hair hydrated, allow for flexibility in styling and add shine. You can see a full review of TGIN products here and pick some up at your local Target!
Other products and tools (linked to related reviews):
- Ouidad Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap
- Agave Oil Treatment
- Lottabody Control Me Edge Gel
- Hydrasteam Finishing Oil
Total style time was one and a half hours.
Keep and care:
To maintain your style, you can tie a silk or satin scarf around the permitter and cover the updo with a bonnet. Or, you can opt to take it down, sleep in a scrunchi-bun or bonnet and make a new style the next day!