The wash-n-go is my favorite go-to style. It took me several product combinations and experimentation with different drying methods, but I finally came up with a way to wash-n-go that gives me beautiful results every time!
Products and Tools:
- Trader Joes Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner (sold exclusively in stores)
- ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
- Chi Deep Brilliance Silk Reflect
- Kera Care Edge Tamer
- Wide tooth shower comb (This is not the exact comb I use, but any detangling comb will do.)
- Brush Strokes Soft Boar Bristle Brush
- Ion Anti-Frizz Ionic Hair Dryer with diffuser attachment
Total time for this style is around two and a half hours depending on how fast your hair dries. I’ll be able to get about three or four days of wear out of this before I have to start bunning or pinning my hair into different styles.
Keep and Care:
To preserve the definition and volume of my wash-n-go, I sleep and workout in the pineapple. The next morning, I remove the ponytail holder, fluff and style. I may add a bit of jojoba oil to my ends to seal and shine. After a workout, I use my Ion dryer with diffuser to dry my roots and keep my style in tact.
For more information about my hair, see my hair profile.