In my friend Cherie’s household, wash day occurs once a week, and she has three heads of hair to manage. In this tutorial, I show you how I install bantu knots on Cherie’s transitioning hair, two-strand twists on her oldest daughter and coiled ponytails on her youngest.
By the way, after tackling all three of them at once, I want to send special love and hugs to my mommies out there managing their own hair along with their girls’ hair! I’m sure it takes a lot of time management and patience to get it all done each week. I hope this tutorial helps!
- Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy, Ultra Shea Shampoo
- Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy, Ultra Shea Conditioner
- Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy, Ultra Shea Nourishing Oil
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Protein Pack
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
- Mixed Chicks Kids Leave-In Conditioner
- nuNAAT Natural Curl Activator
- Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi Oil
- Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Mousse
- Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
- Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
- Kera Care Edge Tamer
- ApHogee Curlific Moisture Rich Leave-In
*These products were chosen because Cherie already has them in her possession at home. I wanted to show her how to use what she already has.
To set and style all of them (not including overnight setting) was about 4.5 hours.
Keep and Care:
Each of these ladies can maintain their styles by sleeping in a satin scarf, bonnet or combination of the two, and add oil to the scalp and hair as needed throughout the week.