You all may recognize my girl Jessica, known as HeyGorJess from the social media streets! She has 3C, medium porosity hair that has been dyes with a black demi-permanent a while back. She often wears her hair in wash-n-gos, which all of my coily girls know, means major shrinkage. She wants to try a stretched style with messy, beachy waves, so that’s what we are going to do!
- Give It To Me Straight Moisturizing Shampoo is infused with Morrocan Argan Oil for incredible shine and frizz control and citric acid to remove build-up and restore pH balance to hair and scalp. This shampoo is safe for all hair types including color-treated hair and spreads easily with just a small amount. Retail price: $15.99.
- Give It To Me Straight Moisturizing Conditioner also has Morrocan Argan Oil along with Panthenol to make hair softer and more elastic, lemongrass extract to help reduce excessive shedding, aloe leaf juice for moisture, and Matricaria Chamomile to soothe and treat the scalp. It has an incredible amount of slip that aids in detangling. Retail price: $16.99.
- Give It To Me Straight Leave-In Detangler is a lightweight mist infused with chamomile matricaria and aloe leaf juice for ultimate hydration, wheat amino acids for strength, sage extract to reduce shedding and enhance natural luster, and a host of other botanicals that help restore and balance hair making it more moisturized and manageable. Retail price: $13.99.
- Green Tea & Carrot Deep Conditioning Mask is packed with nourishing, healthy hair necessities like organic aloe juice, castor oil, sunflower oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein for strength, broccoli seed oil, which is great for frizz-control, coconut oil, green tea extract for protection and carrot seed oil, to treat the scalp, prevent breakage and protect from outside elements. Retail price: $17.99.
- Doesn’t Get Much “Butter” Than This has avocado and mango along with shea butter, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, castor oil, broccoli seed oil, carrot butter, and grapefruit and orange essential oils. This blend of ingredients is going to give styles a frizz-free, shiny, hydrated, defined finish. Retail price: $14.99.
Total style time was about two and a half hours.
Keep and care:
You can maintain this style by pineappling over night and fluffing in the morning or you can re-twist chunks of hair by misting a bit of water on the strands, without combing or adding more product, and sleeping in a satin bonnet.
See more summer care and styling tips!
- Tips for swimmers and summer hair care
- Sexy, summer spirals
- Versatile summer styles
- Safe summer color
Photos by MoKnowsHair, styling by HeyGorJess