On September 14, 2014, I had the pleasure of presenting The Curls Course at curlBOX headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Area naturalistas joined me in learning about hair typing, porosity, hydration methods, hair dying and lots of other healthy hair care topics. Refreshments, fellowship, hands-on learning and lots of laughs made this first Curls Course an educational and fun experience!
Here are some of the topics that were covered in depth:
- Hair typing – understanding your hair type.
- Porosity – learning, hands-on, how your hair absorbs moisture.
- Hair dying – what you need to know before you color your hair.
- Oil treatments – for moisture installation, deep conditioning and pre-poo treatments.
- Tips for transitioners – from relaxed to natural hair (including how to build your own kit!)
- Healthy hair care tips – ten resolutions you can incorporate to make your journey great!
If you’re “natural,” you’ve probably spent more money in the first few months on produce for your hair than you spent over the last few months combined. And if by chance you’ve just “gone natural,” not only are you spending money trying to find what works, you’re likely to become frustrated with each purchase. The solution to this problem is curlBOX, an exclusive, affordable and effortless way to explore new hair care products delivered to your doorstep each month.