I recently straightened my hair using my silk roller wrap method and reviewed Aveda’s Smooth Infusion line. As a result of my tried and true method, I was able to get ten days of straight styles! As I am about to wash, my ends are still completely straight, and the roots are waving up as a result of me sweating in the gym. I attribute the longevity of this style to the way I set it. In this tutorial, I show you how I “recover” my wavy curls after using tool heat.
Products and tools:
- Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Elixer Fortifying Scalp Spray
- Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Cream Shampoo
- Ouidad Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Ouidad Curl Recovery Melt-Down Extreme Repair Mask (see more on elasticity treatments)
- Thermal Hair Care Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap
- ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
- Chi Deep Brilliance Reflect
- Ion Anti-Frizz Ceramic Blow Dryer (The dryer I am using is currently unavailable, see Ulta’s selection.)
Total recovery time with treatment and style was about two hours.
Keep and care:
To maintain this style, you can sleep in the pineapple with a silk or satin scarf, and/or on a satin pillowcase.