In this tutorial, I walk you through the process I use to straighten my friend Cherie’s transitioning hair. I also discuss products used and flat iron choices.
Products and Tools:
- Mixed Chicks Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner
- ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep
- Jane Carter Solution Wrap & Roll
- Chi Deep Brilliance Reflect
- FHI 1 inch Platform Series Flat Iron
- Ion Anti Frizz Ionic Blow Dryer
- Denman 9-Row Brush
Total style time for deep conditioning, straightening and trimming was about three hours.
Keep and Care:
You can preserve your style by sleeping with your hair in a traditional wrap and securing with a silk or satin scarf, or you can wrap sections on flexi-rods or rollers for more curls and volume.