For over 25 years, Ouidad has been hand mixing hair treatments in their flagship salon in New York City. They are considered the pioneer in the curl category as the first to make products designed for and have salons specifically catering to curly hair types. They have over 300 certified salons nationwide that offer trademarked cutting and styling techniques and award winning products.
Ouidad recently launched a series of advanced products to give curly girls the ability to maintain healthy, salon-quality hair at home. Among the products offered in this series is the Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Hair Treatment.
- Concentrated formula infused with regenerating and antioxidant properties.
- Effective UV ray protectant.
- Restructuring formula helps repair dry, damaged hair.
- Safe for all hair types and color-treated hair.
- This treatment comes in an easy-to-use spray-pump bottle that midsts small amounts of product at a time.
- Mongongo oil – known as “hair food” in Zambia due to it’s high vitamin E content and regenerating properties
- Linoleic acid – an essential, unsaturated Omega-6 fatty acid necessary for all mammals (which your body cannot make and must be ingested or physically applied) that stimulates healthy growth
- American Palm Seed Oil – moisturizes hair (much like coconut oil)
- Broccoli Seed Oil – has a fatty acid profile with excellent absorption into hair and skin resulting in natural lustre, cuticle smoothing and slowed oxidation
This oil can be used to moisturize and repair damaged tresses while wet or dry. After using it, I liked it best for a finishing treatment to seal in moisture and provide an extra boost of shine to my style. Because it is concentrated, a little goes a long way. What I love most about the packaging is the spray pump gently midsts the oil into the hair so that you aren’t using too much and it distributes evenly and lightly.
Where to Buy:
This treatment is available through several retailers and comes in a 2 oz for $36 or 4 oz for $58.