In this tutorial, I give my baby sister a braided princess crown and review some products from ORS (Organic Root Stimulator), featured in the November curlBOX.
- ORS Sulfate-Free Hydrating Shampoo – This formula hydrates, gently cleanses and aides in detangling with olive oil, a penetrating fatty acid and rosemary to help soothe and condition the scalp.
- ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak – This conditioner has pro-vitamin B5, amino silk acid, olive oil, aloe vera, rosemary extract and hydrolyzed collagen. Collagen makes up the majority of the proteins in your body and hair. When there is a decrease or loss, muscle mass is lost, your skin sags, joints may ache, and regarding your hair, breakage increases. Collagen bonds to the hair, especially the ends, to improve strength and help prevent further breakage. This treatment can be used each week, or once a month to restore moisture and rebuild protein in the hair, it also is available in a full-size.
- ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion – This lightweight formula restores moisture balance with a host of essential oils such as olive, castor, safflower and coconut to give hair lasting hydration and sheen. This lotion can be used on dry hair and also doubles as a heat protectant. If you are interested in using it as a heat protectant, I recommend applying it to wet hair.
- ORS Edge Control – This gel has hydrolyzed proteins and castor oil for strength, olive oil for moisture and aloe and glycerin for smooth, easy application.
- ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray – This formula has olive oil and vitamin E for moisture with horsetail, an anti-oxidant that adds strength and prevents breakage, blended with chamomile to soothe the scalp.
The ORS family of products is available at Walgreens, Target, Walmart, CVS, and many other retail stores. You can search for stores in your area with ORS’ “Where To Buy” web tool.
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
- ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
- Chi Deep Brilliance Reflect
- Agadir Hair Shield 450
Total style time was about two hours and fifteen minutes.
Keep and care:
You can maintain the curls by pulling them to the top of your head with a satin scrunch, into a pineapple, and use a silk or satin scarf to cover the braids in the front.