Before establishing Mo Knows Hair, I’d never thought much about the things I do to care for my hair as a regimen. I just have certain things I do to maintain the health of my hair that I’ve figured out over the years. In this tutorial, I talk about my routine, things I always, rarely and never do. I also reflect on my journey from bleached, relaxed hair to big, healthy natural hair, along with some advice for those struggling with the transition.
Here are some links to topics mentioned in this tutorial that may be helpful to you:
- From Relaxed to Natural: Tips for Transitioning – See ten tips and information about transitioning from relaxed to natural hair without the big chop, or cutting all of the hair at once.
- Build Your Own Transition Kit – Being natural requires different things than relaxed hair. See what you need to build your own transition kit and get started on your natural hair journey.
- To Dye or Not To Dye: Hair Dye Basics – There are four factors that affect how dye reacts to hair; porosity, texture, hair history and natural color. Know the basics of dying before you color your hair.
- Tips for Color-Treated Hair – Color-treated hair requires extra care. Use these tips to keep your color vibrant, longer and protect your hair from dryness and damage.
- Growth and Length Retention – Knowing how your hair grows and what you can do to retain that length is essential to visible changes in length. Use these tips to retain your length!
- Porosity and Hydration – If you feel your hair is dry most of the time, it may be that your care method needs a few alterations to accommodate your hair’s porosity level. Learn more about how your hair’s porosity affect hydration.