Leave-in conditioners are a staple for all hair types whether your hair is chemically straightened or naturally curly. They help hydrate the hair and protect it from styling heat and outdoor elements. Leave-ins are also helpful with detangling and are especially good for setting and styling hair. There are lots of wonderful options available these days, but my all time favorite is this one!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
From the makers of Mixed Chicks, “Whether you’re black, white, Asian, Latin, Mediterranean, or any glorious combination of the above, you’ll love the way this alcohol-free, non-sticky, lightweight, product leaves your hair inviting to touch as it defines and locks moisture into every curl.” This leave-in comes from an entire line of hair care products founded by Wendi Levy and Kim Etheredge in 2004. It is best known for defining curls and taming frizz.
- Curl defining
- Frizz taming
- Designed for multiple hair types
- Pleasant fragrance
- Glycerin (helps prevent breakage during styling)
- Jojoba oil (closest to your skin’s natural oil; promotes new hair growth; non-oxidizing, meaning it won’t breakdown in the elements)
- Safflower oil (protects, nourishes and hydrates the hair)
- Primrose oil (helps prevent shedding)
- Crosilk (silk amino acids used to soften hair)
- Hydrolyzed collagen (protein that support healthy hair and skin)
I primarily use this product for my wash-n-go. It gives my hair the right amount of moisture without weighing it down, and it really defines my curls. I am able to wear my hair down for at least three days before pinning or bunning when I set my hair with this leave-in. This product can also be used for other styling methods such as twist-outs, bantu knots or air-drying and blow-outs.
WHERE TO BUY:
This product is available through several online and store retailers. Here are a few:
Do you have a favorite leave-in conditioner? Leave a comment and tell me about it!