In this tutorial, I review the Hydra Steam Moisturizing System from SoftSheen-Carson Professional using the Huetiful Hair Steamer on my friend Erica. I have been working with her to repair her moisture balance and elasticity issues, and I believe this steam treatment system is going to be an amazing addition to her hair care regimen.
The Hydra Steam Moisturizing System is a five-part system designed to provide frizz-free curls with definition and lasting moisture. All of the products in this system are formulated with aloe leaf juice, a powerhouse of antioxidants, rich vitamins and minerals that work to restore pH balance. It is high in calcium, iron, zinc, folic acid, Vitamins A, C and E and amino acids, all of which are essential to scalp health and proper moisture balance in your hair. Aloe is also rich in proteolytic enzymes, a catalyst that breaks protein down into absorbable, amino acids.
- Sulfate-Free Cleanser removes build-up and prepares the hair for deep conditioning steam treatment. This formula has coconut derivative and aloe leaf juice to properly hydrate and restore proper pH balance to the scalp.
- Steam Masque is activated by steam to infuse the ultimate hydrator, water, with nourishing ingredients for proper moisture installation and retention.
- Moisturizing Sealing Spray is a lightweight conditioning spray formulated to align with the restored pH balance received from the cleanser and masque. It ensures the moisturizing ingredients are trapped in for lasting moisture.
- Curl Designing Cream is designed to give medium, flexible hold with lots of moisture, frizz control and definition. The formula has hydrogenated castor oil and soybean oil, which is a carrier oil, meaning it helps other nutrients absorb more into the hair. (There is also a Refining Coil Cream available for twisting, braiding and coiling.)
- Finishing Oil is a super hydrating, lightweight mist formulated with sunflower oil and apricot oil. Apricot is packed with fatty acids that prevent water loss by sealing the cuticle. It is also rich in Vitamins A and E, which are essential to healthy scalp and growth. Sunflower oil is another oil rich in fatty acids that is also an emollient, frizz-reducer and UV-Ray-damage protector.
The Hydra Steam Moisturizing System is available at Sally Beauty and other local beauty supply stores.
The Huetiful Hair Steamer restores moisture by gently opening the cuticle with warm steam. Treatments and conditioners are absorbed easier and with the added moisture of water for ultimate hydration. It’s simple to set up and use; water is loaded through the top into the measuring cup with hot coil. You simply turn it on and in three minutes, the water is boiling and warm steam is flowing from the hood. The Huetiful Hair Steamer also comes with an attachment that allows you to do facial treatments. The unit comes with a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee and it has a one-year replacement warranty.
You can find the Huetiful Hair Steamer in their online store.
Total treatment and style time was one hour and forty-five minutes.
Keep and care:
This style can be maintained by sleeping in the pineapple and using additional steam days later, if needed, to reset.