I can’t express enough how important it is to tie your hair up at night. It is essential to the preservation of your hair to aid in length retention. Scarves and bonnets made of silk or satin materials are best to use, and now you can not only have the right material, but you can have a bigger, more stylish version of the traditional hair bonnet.
Flor Bella Boutique, based in San Antonio, Texas, creates handmade bonnets, shower caps, scrunchies, scarves, headbands and pillowcases that help you not only preserve your style day-to-day, but also protect your hair while you sleep, shower or lounge around the house.
Benefits and attributes:
- Each bonnet is double-lined and reversible allowing more wear between washes. It’s like getting two bonnets in one!
- All of the accessories come in different patterns and colors so you can find ones that fit your personal style.
- The accessories are made of Charmeuse satin, a lightweight fabric that is soft, yet durable enough to be machine-washed (care instructions are attached to each bonnet). Satin is a suggested protective material because it helps retain moisture you install into your hair and prevent damaging rubbing while you sleep.
- The bonnets and shower caps are over-sized and will hold more hair than traditional sized ones that often require you to stuff your hair in them causing styles/curls to flatten. In these bonnets and shower caps, your curls still have room to move. (There are also child-sized bonnets available to keep your princess’ curls healthy and protected.)
- Each bonnet has a drawstring that allows you to adjust and secure it for a snug fit.
- The hair scruncies are great if you pineapple your hair at night to preserve your wash-n-go, bantu knots and other styles, or if you just want a more gentle way to hold your hair in your bun.
- The pillowcases are over-sized as well, so your king-sized pillows will fit into them. And, if you have a hard time keeping that bonnet or scarf on, a satin pillowcase is ideal for you to ensure your hair is protected all night long.
Where to buy:
For more information and to get your bonnet, pillowcase and other accessories, visit Flor Bella’s online store. You can also keep up with the latest product additions and promotions by following Flor Bella on Instagram and Facebook.