In this tutorial, I am updating my sister’s color with a rich, intense brown with red tint and using flex rods to style. You can see full explanation and demonstration of how to process dye, but as always, I recommend you see a stylist for a consultation before making any decisions about altering the color of your hair.
Products and Tools:
- Ion Deep Brilliance Medium Intense Red permanent dye, Hot Red Intensifier and 20 Volume Developer
- Ion Color Defense After-Color Sealer
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner
- Creme of Nature Perfect 7
- Mixed Chicks Straightening Serum
- Beautiful Textures Curl Defining Mousse
- Chi Deep Brilliance Reflect
- Flex rods
- Conair Hard Hat Dryer
- Hawaiian Silky Sleek Edge
With dye processing and flex rod setting, this style about 3.5 hours.
Keep and Care:
At night, she can tie a satin or silk around her edges and cover the curls with a satin bonnet to make the style last at least one week.